The powerful role of water in your dog's life.
Considering a dog’s body is made up of 70% water, it is often noted that we take their hydration needs for granted. When given an unlimited amount of water, your dog will always drink much more than usual, however this is extremely desirable. Because water deficiency harms all canine’s bodies and gradually terminates its functions, more than less is always a better option.
That said, there are several key factors as to why this is vitally important:
1. Water is used to help digest and absorb nutrients.
2. It is used to burn fuel, which is turned into energy.
3. Water is responsible for maintaining a normal body temperature.
4. Drinking enough water replaces the fluids that are lost in the body during secretions.
5. Water is also responsible for mixing different types of chemicals in the body as they dissolve and transform into different chemical reactions.
6. Water carries nutrients to the cells and also transfers toxic waste products from the cells to the organs for proper elimination. With the absence of water, these organs will not be able to get rid of toxins from the body.
7. Last but not least, water is needed to regulate the blood's acid level and assists in giving better care to the immune system.
As you can see, water is almost always required for every function that takes place in the dog's body. And because of its versatility and the degree to which it is used, water is considered to be the most important nutrient that is required for all breeds of dogs. We recommend always making sure that a bowl is available.